Thursday, March 6, 2014

                                                                       Hype

The article Hype excerpted from kale Lasn, in signs of life in the U.S.A tells us about that the advertisements which we see everywhere, influence our daily lives in some bad ways. like the author mentions in the article, "Not  longer are ads confined to the usual places: buses, billboards, stadiums. Anywhere your eyes can possibly come to rest is now place with a logo or product message.

Yes, in these days, I believe that the most thing catch our eyes is the ads. No matter wherever we go, whatever we see, we are always bothered by ads, especially on the internet.For example, when you try to check your mails, there are something pop out, and ask you," Do you need a app for your commute?" When you try to pay your bills, and another ad showed,"50% off in Macy's." That's really annoying. Sometimes it really piss me off when I fail to close them. I can't do nothing to avoid them, but accept them.

I remember one time, I was rushing to try to pay my credit card bill, because the time was due by 12:00 AM. Otherwise, there would be a fine for that. However, after I turn on my bank website, there were a lot of ads kept popping out. I tried to close them, because they were stopping me from paying bill. However, when I clicked the X box, there were more website came out. I tried again and again, but still, the same thing happened. I failed to pay my bill at that day. As a result, I got a penalty when I went to the bank to pay my bill the next day.

In fact, I admit that the advertisements sometimes do help us for making decisions, but, if there are too much to impact our lives, I would rather keep my life without ads at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment